Wow...that's all we can say about the past two weeks. On February 2nd Karen was reviewing the latest list of children available for adoption in China and saw the cutest little face looking back at her. She was immediately drawn to this little girl. After a quick email to Dan the decision was made to "pull the file" of this little girl to find out more information about her and to send her medical information off to a team of doctors for further review. There was something very special about this girl...when we looked at where she was located we knew...Xiushan, China. The same home Danika was from before we brought her home.
After getting a quick response from all involved we both had a peace about proceeding with "locking" her file. After locking we had 48 hours to gather all her medical information, make a decision on proceeding and writing a "care and nurture plan" for her medical needs. The words came easily and we submitted our LOI (Letter of Intent) to China on Friday, February 5.
Late Friday afternoon, February 12, we received the good news from China that our PA (Pre Approval to adopt) had arrived...let the celebration begin!!!
What we know...This little girl is a "moderate sleeper" (oh no!), she can point to her caregivers, she knows her name, can roll over, sit up, jump, is quiet, likes toys and her cribmates. She was born April 1, 2009 and is on par with all growth and development charts.
What we don't know...when we will travel (we are told 6-8 months - we are hoping for MUCH sooner).
We have much to do, decide and prepare in the coming months. We are going to China!!
17 comments:
Wonderful news! My bio daughter was born on April 1st as well. Feisty as all, but sweet as the day is long. Your new DD is a beautty, and it sounds as if things are progressing quickly. Congrats!
THIS IS AMAZING!!! I had no idea you were so close to this big decision!!! CONGRATULATIONS Herman family!!! She is darling!
Congratulations! We are soooo excited for all of you!
Deb
Hello Herman family!! I am so happy for all of you. What a beautiful little girl! I hope you get to go to China quickly! I am sure Danika is going to be a great big sister! it is wonderful you will have two Xiushan girls! Take care!
Michelle Carlo + Grace
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a little sweetie! We'll be praying that things come together super quickly for you, so that you can bring her home in no time! Love-Karin, Steve & Kate
Fun to meet you in person yesterday and I look forward to following along with your blog!
Jen (Red Thread)
It’s Gary and Sonya from your travel group….. I don’t get on the internet much but I am so glad I was able to read your post. It brought tears to my eyes to see this little precious face and the fact that she is from Xiusan just seals the deal. Congratulations!!! How awesome it is to see you go back for Danika’s little sister!!!!
Gary and Sonya
Karen - congrats again!! She's so cute!!
And don't worry - Charlotte was referred to as a "moderate sleeper" in her paperwork from the SWI, and she sleeps like a champ - and always has. So maybe that's a good sign ;)
Tracy
So excited fo you guys!! Praying for speedy movement so your precious little one can join your family soon!
HUGE Congratulations!!! What a blessing for Danika to have a sister and from the same province too!
WOW! Congratulations, Karen, Dan & Danika! She's a cutie! That's wonderful news, and the fact that she's from Danika's province is SUPER cool! When the girls grow up, it will make a heritage tour MUCH easier (smile)!
Congratulations! We are thrilled for you guys and look forward to following along!
So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! And, congrats on your quick PA! WooHoo! I will be praying that you are in China within the next 4 months, like your friends over here in EP! I will also be praying that this precious child is better than "moderate" in the sleeping department!
God's blessings on the Herman Family!
~Diana
Karen and Dan-
I am so excited for all of you. What blessing for Danika to have a baby sister!
Congratulations-
Chuck and Joy Fleury
I am so very happy for you. I saw this little girl on the shared list and my heart melted. I was hoping that she would find her forever family... and she did! I just want to celebrate with you.
I am following your blog now, I just cannot wait to see you become a forever family. Your story sounds so much like ours.
We just accepted the referral for a baby girl, born April 17, 2009, who is missing the fingers on her left hand. She was born less than 100 miles from where our first daughter was born, in the same province, Guizhou. This is something very special that they both will share.
I am just so excited for you all. For the little girl who tugged at my heart, and for the family who found their daughter/sister. Congrats to you all!
Congratulations!! We're so excited for you guys!
Tom and I are happy and excited about your second blessing from heaven!
Big Hugs!
Tom and Debbie Hard
Post a Comment