Monday, July 11, 2011

One Year Ago Today!

One year ago today we left at 12:30 to fly to Los Angeles and then on to Guangzhou, China to complete our adoption of Miss Sienna Grace!  We can't believe the year has gone so fast and that Sienna has only been a part of our lives for just a year, it truly seems like she's always been a part of our family. 

We had no idea a year ago what a charming, stubborn, smart, silly, amazing, sassy...did I say SASSY little girl Miss Sienna Grace would turn out to be.  We love having her in our lives!  More pictures and words to follow next Tuesday as we celebrate the 1st anniversary of her Forever Family Day!

Our plane ready to depart Minneapolis for Los Angeles

Anxious Mama and Daddy ready to travel again!

Waiting to board our international flight to Guangzhou, China

17 hours after leaving Los Angeles - Dan slept 15 hours of this flight


"Airport Security" in Guangzhou

The reason for the travels - totally worth it!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Karen, this news just gives me the shivers and takes me right back! What an amazing time...such excitement and anticipation...oh YES, was that precious baby girl of yours ever worth it!!!

(((Big Hugs))) to you as these coming days bring with them cherished memories and many moments of reflection...

Thank you, God, for knitting together this beautiful family of FOUR!

Much Love, Sweet Friend,
Amy

p.s. During our own 1 year anniversary reminiscing a couple of weeks ago, I came across the photo I promised to take for you of that celebratory margarita that we were hoping to share at Lucy's :)...I don't think I ever sent it to you, did I? It brought back such memories of those many "TA wait frustration" emails that flew back and forth between us in those final weeks last year...and look at us now...What a difference a year makes! XO

Hunan Mommy said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary of being a forever family! I had no idea you were so recently home!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

Love to all!

Deb Hard