I know, I've been a VERY bad blogger, and one of the things that is most important to me is keeping up with this blog as a record of the girls' lives. We've had a GREAT Spring/Summer/Fall. Filled with family, fun events, friends that mean the world to us, and a little bit of Disney to top it all off.
I'll try to start where I left off...March, April and yes, even MAY were filled with cold and snow. Miss Sienna Grace celebrated her 4th birthday at Choo Choo Bob's Train House with family and friends from school. She had a great day playing, spending time with friends and being the "special girl" for the day.
 |
Happy 4 Year old at her Thomas the Train Party
 |
Engineer Paul poses with the birthday girl
|
|
 |
| Birthday Girl making sure you all know how old she is |
 |
| One of my favorite shots of my sweet 4 year old |
We've packed a lot of activities into this season. Chinese Acrobats with friends from our local China Adoption Group. A trip to the circus was a highlight for the girls. How can you go wrong with cotton candy, pony rides and giant balloons?
 |
| Danika and Daddy sharing the fun at the circus |
 |
| I can't believe this thing is MINE! |
 |
| Can you tell we've had a little cotton candy? |
 |
| Pony Rides were a hit at the circus. |
April and May were also filled with Gymnastics classes for both girls. A great way for them to get out and get some exercise after being cooped up inside the house almost all winter long (and did I mention it was a LONG winter?)
 |
| Danika's third year of gymnastics, she's getting the hang of it! |
 |
| Sienna's first year of gymnastics "alone" no mommy or daddy with her! |
June and July were filled with Swimming Lessons, Dream Night at the Minnesota Zoo (via Gillette Childrens Hospital), a Play Dates and three very important events. Our China Adoption Travel Group Reunion, Grandma and Grandpa "China's" 50th Anniversary Celebration, and a Family Reunion in Kansas City.
 |
| Enjoying "Dream Night" at the Minnesota Zoo. Fun for the whole family. |
 |
| Face painting at the zoo...our little tiger |
August and September brought Preschool Graduation, visits to Thomas the Train, the State Fair, Childrens Museum, 5 Year forever family day with Danika and...KINDERGARTEN!
 |
| Danika and Ms. Barb, her teacher. Couldn't be prouder of our sweet girl. |
 |
| Look who is in the doghouse...surprise, surprise, it's Sienna! |
 |
| Cutest Mail Carrier I've ever seen! |
 |
| Playing Possum in the caves |
 |
| Who wouldn't want this sweetie for their bus driver? So glad we renewed our membership to the Childrens Museum |
 |
| And then it is fall, and Kindergarten begins. Hard HARD day for Mama, big girl is soaring! |
All too soon September was here, the State Fair gone, and our big girl was headed to Kindergarten. Yes, I cried as hard as I thought I would, for years I have dreaded sending her off to school. Our big girl has SOARED in Kindergarten and is absolutely flourishing, so I have vowed to enjoy every moment. She's learning so many new things, making new friends, having new experiences. We are so proud of our big girl.
 |
| A few weeks after Danika started Kindergarten, Sienna started Pre-K. |
Sienna started Pre-K just a few weeks after Danika started Kindergarten. She is doing GREAT in a classroom environment that challenges and enriches her. She is learning so much, math skills, letters, sorting, and she can write her FULL name. Her favorite part of Pre-K is Show and Tell and she is always in search of something that will "wow" her classmates.
 |
| On September 11th we celebrated 5 years with Danika...the best 5 years of my life! |
 |
| Apple Orchard fun with Danika's kindergarten class |
 |
Danika earned her "Golden Pencil" Award in late September for her penmanship. She was a PROUD girl!
In October we went to Disney World and celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and Danika's 6th birthday and Sienna's 4 1/2 birthday. Once again we were able to meet up with dear friends from our China adoption travels.
 |
| Celebrating our 10th with the way it all started...a carriage ride! |
 |
| Danika, Sienna and China Sister Grace - We surprised the girls with their China Sisters! |
 |
| Sienna, Danika, Grace and Olivia, together again, BLISS! |
 |
| Dinner out to celebrate 10 years! |
 |
| Someone likes Mama's light up ears. |
 |
| I think my favorite family photo of all time... |
 |
| Tea date at the Grand Floridian |
 |
| Celebrating birthdays princess style |
 |
| Birthday girl opening gifts |
 |
| Doc McStuffins, a FAVORITE! |
 |
| New soft friends! |
 |
| Little Sister gets gifts too! |
 |
| "homework", learning her numbers and letters |
 |
| Party fun |
 |
| Making a wish! |
I'll close with some of my favorite random photos from the year so far.
|


And now we head into Thanksgiving, Christmas and another new year. We are excited to see what it holds for our family. I had fun reliving the year so far, sometimes it feels like all we do is sit around the house...good to know we do get out and about! I'll try to be better at keeping up...I promise!
2 comments:
So glad for the update. The girls are growing and are so beautiful. It sounds like all of you are enjoying life! Blessings for a wonderful Holiday Season.
Loved reading your update! I have not updated our blog in forever and now you give me motivation!
Post a Comment