We're hoping to post each week on Thursday - In honor of D- Day on Thursday September 11, when Danika was placed in our arms.
Danika's had a bit of a rough week, she still has the lingering effects of a cold and had a mild case of the flu this week too. We also found out she has been exposed to the Chicken Pox - definitely the last thing she needs. We were to have her evaluated tomorrow morning at the U of M International Adoption Clinic but in light of the Chicken Pox exposure she now has to wait another 21 days to be sure she isn't contagious.
Karen also got to visit the doctor today - she's not sure she had chicken pox as a child so she had blood drawn and if she hasn't had Chicken Pox she'll be vaccinated.
Danika continues to be a joy, she loves to make new sounds and copy what people say and do. She's so smart and cute! (Our unbiased opinion). She enjoyed her visit with Grandma H today who was kind enough to come over so we could get some house work done and so Karen could go to the doctor.
Tomorrow morning if all is well in our household Miss Danika will make her first visit to Daddy's work!
4 comments:
Happy Danika Day!!! I sure hope she feels better soon! Wish we could see you this weekend. Karen - can you come Sunday from 1-3? We live so close... I am gonna cross my fingers.
So sorry that you are having to deal with all this sickness. I feel so badly for Danika when I see her poor sore nose! And I hope she does not get chicken pox! Or you, Karen!
We hope to see you all soon amd meet your sweet girl.
Tracy
Did you get that glider at Babies-R-Us? It looks alot like the 1 we got.
I hope Danika is getting better. Chicken Pox already?! Poor baby.
Hope the Hermans are feeling better soon! Can't wait to meet Danika!
Post a Comment