Thursday, October 23, 2008

Danika Day - October 23rd, 2008

Mommy and Daddy on their 5th Anniversary - I add so much to their lives!
5th Anniversary dinner
Mo with Miss D
Mother Pat with Miss D
Just happy old me
I love my new rubber duckie tub - thanks Auntie Melinda
Snacking on a honeycrisp apple
Special delivery for Danika
Searching for more fun toys
Me in my super duper I'm 1 t-shirt
Danika and her butterfly wall picture from Auntie Caroline
Mr. Z holding Danika - I think it's mutual love.
In the tub with her happy birthday rubber duckie
Daddy waiting patiently to make his chocolate milk until the Princess has decided she is done checking out the fridge.
Making my escape from my pack & play
We've had a great week! On Saturday Dan and Karen celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary! Grandpa and Grandma Herman were kind enough to watch her for the night while we went out to a concert. It was a great day of fun and memories, and so wonderful with a new addition in our lives.
Miss D is learning so fast. This week she learned how to feed herself - and now eats EVERYTHING off the floor - leaves, packing peanuts, dirt, brownie crumbs - you name it she eats it.
She's also learned how to blow kisses, its so cute to watch her.
On Saturday, Karen's college roommate Mo, her son Zachary, and Mo's mom "Mother Pat" came for a visit - Mo and Zachary all the way from Oklahoma! I'd like to think we were the sole reason for the visit but I'm guessing seeing Mother Pat was a bit higher on the priority list. :-) Zachary was a natural with Miss Danika. Wish he was closer so he could babysit!
On Wednesday Danika had her first birthday! I'm sure she was oblivious but it was still fun to celebrate. Auntie Caroline and Auntie Melinda spent the day with us to help celebrate. Danika really thought they were great. We even got out to lunch - the first time Karen has been able to get out during day for the most part. Miss D had a special 1st birthday rubber duckie in her tub and she got to have french fries for lunch and supper on her special day.
Our little pumpkin is growing so fast - hard to believe she is one already!

3 comments:

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

Happy b-day Danika & Happy Anniversary to you!!

Hope things are going well for you.

Tracy said...

Happy birthday to sweet Danika, and happy anniversary to you two! I love the month of October - such fun celebration days for both of us!

AmyO said...

Happy Anniversary & Birthday to all of you! I hope to meet Danika soon!