Thursday, November 6, 2008

Danika Day - November 6, 2008

Hello...Daddy???
Climbing UP my new slide
Daddy putting chap stick on me
Learning to walk!
How cute am I in my Mickey sweatshirt from Grandma and Grandpa?
Loving my new catapillar with music
Snuggling up in Daddy's coat
Peek a boo!
Mommy, I'd like to have a serious talk with you..
I'm not a morning person...I get it from my daddy
Aren't I the cutest pumpkin ever?
Half scrunch face for Daddy
My halloween costume - I was a black cat...can you recognize me?
Cinnamon roll breakfast scrunch face
I love my bottle, I drink til the liner is inside out!
We didn't have a chance to update our journal last week, mainly because Miss Danika had a rough week concerning her sleep schedule. We've spent the last two weeks trying (desperately) to convince her that bedtime is NOT 2:00 a.m. I think we are finally succeeding but in the meantime we've been exhausted.
The past few nights have shown great improvement and we are beginning to feel human again! Danika continues to live up to her middle name - Joy. She is so fun to watch and see how she learns and discovers new things every day. She now can hold her toy cell phone to her ear and say "Hi Daddy" (truly Dan's daughter if cell phone talking is amongst her first skills!)
When we pick her up she now pats our back three times just like we pat hers. She can open and close the microwave (with a mighty swing of the door) when we are preparing her bottle. When she drops things (many times intentionally) she says Oh Oh.
McDonalds french fries are still among her favorite foods -as well as any greasy, salty, not good for you snack but she will also eat peas and bananas too.
We celebrated her 1st birthday with a pizza party and cake, she usually doesn't like sweet foods but she did a fine job of smashing her cake in her face.
Tomorrow morning we are bringing her to the University of Minnesota International Adoption Clinic just to make sure she is on par with her development and to make sure her immunizations are current. We rejoice that she did not get chicken pox after being exposed!

3 comments:

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

So glad to hear that sleeping is getting better! I remember those first weeks / months at home and how rough that transition was. We were like walking zombies & I am mortified to see pictures of myself from that point in time.

Danika is developing so nicely & you can really see from the pictures what a joy she must be. We can't wait to meet her. We would love to have you guys over when you feel up to it.

Take Care & hang in there!

Tracy said...

I am glad that sleep is finally improving.

Danika looks so happy! And how graet she is learning to walk. And yeah, the climbing up the slides things does not go away!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going better with Danika's sleeping. It's exhausting, isn't it!? Hope all went well with Danika's U of M visit. Let us know when you are up for a playdate!