It's becoming real!
I'm sitting here at Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport and Dan and I looked at each other and said, “At the end of this trip we are coming home with a BABY!” :-) We've been so busy with jobs, Danika, house etc. that all of this has been a blur and a little over five months ago we had no clue that God would place a little girl named Xiu Si Yue in our hearts and eventually our home. We are blessed!
I'm sitting here with an iced latte, Dan with his sweet tea (watching the world cup, totally oblivious to the rest of the world :-) It's the first relaxing we have done in MONTHS and most likely the last relaxing we will do for months.
In approximately an 45 minutes we will board the plane to Los Angeles and then on to Guangzhou, China and connecting to Beijing.
We arrived to discover our plane is full and overbooked by 5 seats. The gate agent was harried and frazzled and he told us to prepare to not sit together but we would at least make it on the plane because we are connecting to China. When the time to get seats came he printed off our boarding passes and lo and behold we are sitting together. We would have been fine sitting apart for 4 hours of this journey but it is especially sweet to be able to share and enjoy the anticipation of Sienna together the entire way.
Leaving Danika was actually easier than I had expected. Yes there were tears...Mama shed many thinking about leaving her baby. We are resting comfortably knowing that she is in the hands of those who love her dearly and would do anything for her. Who better to watch your baby than Grandparents! We know she will make many trips for ice cream and “out to eat snack” while we are gone.
Our plane is boarding now so more from LAX or Beijing.
Let the adventure begin!
11 comments:
God Speed and Bless you on this journey!
Tom and Debbie Hard
AMAZING!!! Thinking of you!
YAY!! You are off to get your girl!! I am so excited for you, and glad to hear that leaving Danika was easier than expected - it makes it all easier for you!! We will be watching (I spaced that you were leaving, but Beth reminded me) every day!
So excited for you! Can't wait to see Sienna in your arms! Enjoy your trip! Can't wait to meet the new member of your family.
As I write, your wheels are up, and you are on your way!!! So exciting!!!! I pray that your second trip to China is as amazing as your first! I look forward to seeing Sienna Grace in your arms soon!!! Say "Hi" to Laura and give "Heidi" a great big hug for me!!!
Blessings,
Diana
Can't wait to follow along!
Go Go Go!!
Safe travels!
Wishing you safe travels. Can't wait to hear more from China and see pictures of your baby. Take care. Amy S.
I am just tap dancing with joy for you! I am soooooo excited! I wish I was going with you just to watch the whole journey from front row seats. I can't wait to meet your new little one! (although I can't believe you choose China over our beach party! hahahah!) I am THRILLED for you!!!!
OK, I just had to post one more time that I am just WAY WAY WAY EXCITED for you! I know I just posted a minute ago, but I can't contain myself! You'd think it was ME getting a baby or something! You better update us constantly or I will be un-fit to live with for the next two weeks and driving everyone nuts on Saturday!
i'm so happy to follow along on your journey! may it be a safe, healthy, and happy one for the 2 weeks ahead!! take care, relax (ha!), and enjoy the ride!
Post a Comment