Thursday, July 22, 2010

Old Town Chongqing = Shopping!!!

Danika, we took this photo of the little puppy for you!
The cuteness continues
Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful...
Who knew a piece of paper could be so fun?
We bought this hand painted fan from a local Chongqing Artist - on the fan is a painting of old town Chongqing.
Old Town
Old Town workers moving storage crates
The gate to Old Town
Temple on the way to Old Town
Sights on the way to Old Town
Yesterday we went to Old Town Chongqing for some local sight seeing and shopping. We got a few priceless souvineers of our trip and keepsakes for the girls. The sights here are amazing and it is fun to see how Chongqing was 50 years ago. Quite a difference from the huge municipality it is now. We also got our notary book with Sienna's birth and adoption certificates.
Sienna continues to show us her adorable personality. It was VERY hot at old town again and she sat in her baby carrier and smiled and cooed for over two hours in the hot sun while Mama and Daddy bought keepsakes to bring home. She is such a good girl!
She is smiling and cooing and "talking" in her own little babble all the time now. we are working on getting more formula and rice down her....she is still way to skinny.
Today we are visiting a local tea house at the top of the mountain in the City for a birds eye view and then will be boarding the plane for Guangzhou, the final leg of our journey in China. I have a shopping list a mile long for Guangzhou. In China we must only have 44 lbs in our suitcases and heading out of China we can have 55 lbs and we gain an extra suitcase with Sienna so I have much shopping to do since we are not planning on being back here in two years to adopt again...so far = :-)))
FOR DANIKA:
We are so glad you are doing so well with Grandma and Grandpa. Thank you for being such a good girl, It makes being away from you easier knowing that you are such a sweet good girl. We miss you more than you will ever know and we can't wait to hold you in our arms again soon. Have fun swimming on Saturday at your classes - we can't wait to hear how much fun you had!

3 comments:

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

Awesome photos! I can't get over how much Sienna looks like Danika.

Have a safe trip to GZ & happy shopping!! I'm only a few months behind you with my empty suitcase ready to fill w/goodies.

Heather O'Meara said...

Oh man! I'm jealous! I never even KNEW there was an Old Town Chongqing. When we were there we didn't see anything but the big city. Bummer. I can't wait to see your photos when you return so that you can tell me what this is like. Have fun shopping on your next leg! I loved that part of the trip!

Anonymous said...

Im soo happy to see these pic's! Both of your girls are are soo gorgeous!

Deb Hard