Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Great Wall, Bye Bye Beijing, Hello Chongqing and ONE Day to D-Day!

Tomorrow is D-Day!!
Danika's crib is empty for one last night.
Chongqing Hotel bathroom
Our room in Chongqing
Arriving at the Chonqing airport
Our room in Beijing
Breakfast area in Beijing
Tea Ceremony - we laughed until we spit tea - Literally!!
Our cute tour bus in Beijing - Dean - it a stick shift!
Dan has climbed The Great Wall
So has Karen!
I can't describe how awesome this sight is in person.
Tuesday we had an awesome day touring the Ming Tombs, shopping at a jade factory, climbing The Great Wall, visiting a Cloisonne Factory (painted enamel), attended a tea ceremony and packed our bags to travel to Chongqing. Wednesday morning we were up and at 'em early to catch our plane from Beijing to Chongqing where we will meet Danika tomorrow morning!!
Chongqing is very different than Beijing - the area is very hilly and VERY crowded. We feel like we are in downtown Manhattan. After we arrived at the hotel, met the other families who will also be getting their babies tomorrow and settled in a bit we went to the grocery store to get a few supplies for our 9 day stay here in Chongqing. Dan is loving the lime, blueberry, tomato ketchup and cucumber potato chips!
We went to supper in a restaurant in a mall connected to our hotel - interesting!! We were the center of attention and even made one of our waitresses cry - we dont know how!
We are over the moon excited to meet Miss Danika tomorrow. Karen has a slight cold and is a bit under the weather so be thinking of her. Our rooms in the hotel are beautiful and spacious, it will be nice to have so much room to walk a baby.

5 comments:

AmyO said...

So in MN time, you'll meet her tonight? How exciting! Enjoy your special day!

Tracy said...

Too funny - you made her cry and you don't know how - LOL! You went to the same part of the GW that we went to. So incredible to see the GW in person. I mean - I knew it would be - but words cannot describe how beautiful and amazing it was. I almost cried when I saw yoru baby's crib! I know when we walked in and saw ours, I was shocked. I knew it would be there - but still! Just amazing. I cannot wait for you to meet yoru girl. I am home with the flu or something similarly awful, but I will check in a ton on your blog! Good luck and savor every moment. It is so incredible once you finally have your baby. And you guys will be great parents!!

Tracy

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

Wow, you are so close now!!! We are so excited for you guys D-Day is eminant!

Jodi said...

Wow today is your day!!! Can't wait to see pictures!
Congrats!

AmyO said...

Are you meeting her now? Please let us know!