Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Last full day in Chongqing

Again, photos in no particular order...enjoy! I've got my calculator and my currency converter sheet - I'm ready to bargain in Guangzhou!
Just me - goofing around on the pillows I love to play with anything crinkly and plastic...like the wrapper to the laundry!
I still love my Mickey Mouse stacking cups - thanks mommy! I'm not sure I'm ready to fly! I am so proud of Me! I can stand with help from my crib!
I am so proud of Me! I can stand with help from my crib!
Danika loves elevators and mirrors!

The calm before the storm of Miss Danika...

The gates at old town Chongqing

Bring on the french fries Daddy!

The maids attempt to organize Danika's toys I love fries daddy!

Playing with my other friends

Police on Roller Blades Our last full day in Chongqing has been uneventful so far. We went down to the breakfast buffet, Danika ate more congee and steamed egg with soy sauce and chives (she's a gourmet already). Danika likes her food, she doesn't wake up for the midnight and 4 am feeding that was given on her schedule but she likes two bottles at 8 am and two at noon. Right now both Daddy and Daniika are napping. We will pack up our suitcases and be ready to leave tomorrow by 1 pm. We will probably have to leave the hotel at 11 to get the bus to the airport and go through customs. This afternoon we will get Danika's Chinese passport so she can travel to Guangzou. In Guangzhou she will surrender her Chinese passport and get her American passport and become a US citizen. We are hoping to do a bit more sight seeing this afternoon or tonight before we leave. Danika seems to draw a crowd where ever we go, people seem to adore her! She knows how to work the crowd and give winks and smiles to all. we've had her for a week now. It's hard to remember life before her. She is truly a blessing and so much joy. In this week she has learned how to "high five", wave hello and goodbye, wink, smile for the camera, blow raspberries, and kiss, crawl and stand with the help of her crib. We can't wait to see what she'll do next!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Go Danika! Wow - she has learned so much already! She is a little sponge - and a very cute one at that.

Have a great time in Guangzhou. I can tell you are loving China!